Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Match Day!


We will be moving to Salt Lake City July 2012 for a fellowship at the University of Utah!

I am not sure I ever noted that Zach has chosen to specialize in Hematology/Oncology (blood diseases and cancers).  This was a big decision in our house.  After Medical school and Residency, you can then choose to go on to more training and specialize... that brings us to a Fellowship.

There are a few mixed emotions about leaving our friends and selling our little home, but we are looking forward to this final chapter of training and being close to family and friends in Utah. 

17 comments:

Shelly said...

I have seriously been thinking about you guys all day today! I am so glad you posted this. Congrats! I am so excited for you guys!!

Stacey said...

obviously we are thrilled, especially jack, and selfishly i am hoping you will be able to teach me your mad skills with that compressor and spray gun.

Unknown said...

so excited for you guys!! that is awesome. it will be nice to be closer to family. i would say that we will miss you, but we will be gone by then to, possibly in slc as well! so good luck-and great job to your husband!!!

Meg said...

Congratulations! We are excited to see more of you guys.

Anonymous said...

Emily, we are going to miss you guys so much!! I'm so glad Zach liked the program there, and you have tons of friends and family there. But I know Elijah is going to be heartbroken when Connor leaves, and I will miss having you here as a friend too!!

matt and amy said...

That is so exciting for you guys! I hope it turns out to be better than you hoped.

Lisa O said...

I have not stopped smiling since I received your text yesterday. I completely understand the mixed emotions though. Congratulations Zach! July 2012 can't get here fast enough. :)

Michael and Emi said...

Congratulations!! Emily we really need to start putting together a bucket list of things we need to do in the last year we're here!!

Colton and Ashley said...

You know how I feel about this. Congratulations on getting in Zach!!! ! However, PLEASE don't make Utah your permanent residence or I may have to bring out the fists. Julie, Kendria and I can't live with you in Utah!!!!!!! But enjoy it for a couple of years.

Liz said...

Congratulations! I bet you are excited to be close to your family though. What a fun placement!

Maren said...

Congrats Em, that is exciting for you guys, a new adventure. I'm sure it is a mixed emotions, but your almost done!!

Jen said...

Congrats! You must feel so much relief seeing that light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, that is exciting news!! I just told Tyler that this is a big reason for us to move back there too. Just save a house for me next door. :)

christina said...

Oh my GOSH! One huge point for me to move to Utah in July 2012. We're agonizing over where we'll go after graduation. You may have just changed my mind forever.
Congratulations!


Love you!!!

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

I am the winner here. It appears that my prayers were stronger than your's. I am excited to teach Con some bad habits!

DC Diva said...

Wow Utah! Congrats! What a blessing to be close to family!!