Saturday, June 5, 2010

Potty Bootcamp

I suppose it's a mother's job to tell everyone she knows that her child is potty training.  I have never paid so much attention to my child as I have during this intense potty training period.  I have one eye on him at all times, if he makes a quick movement or seems to pause too long I inevitably say "DO YOU NEED TO GO PEE PEE"!  I really have been most impressed with his potty skills.
There seems to be a lot of singing (unfortunate for Connor), coloring, and anything else to keep the kid entertained while he is camping out on the toilet.  A couple of my favorite moments are when he gets a little bored of sitting on the potty and pretends to shot you with his penis (funny, but I try not to encourage it by smiling).  Also, on the third day Connor was getting quite comfortable on the potty and was enjoying one of his favorite books, "The Best Mouse Cookie," and started to squeal a bit. I thought he might be pooping, but really he got his penis trapped in his book...

12 comments:

Maren said...

Those darn things just get in the way! That is hilarious. And I know that he is going to love this post when he gets to be a teenager :)

Meg said...

i'm lizzing right now. that is hilarious!

Anna said...

Good luck!! Potty training is tricky business. : )

David said...

I feel sorry for him. That has happened to me many times...(the book thing.)

The Laytons said...

Congrats! And that is pretty much one of the funniest things I can think of!

DC Diva said...

LOL! You'll be so happy you recorded all this! Good luck - you're a brave woman. Anderson (or do I mean I?) am nowhere near ready!

Heather Rigby said...

I laughed out loud about the book thing and Sean heard and came over to read what I was laughing about. He reads over my shoulder for a minute and he's like, "that's not funny, that would hurt." I guess it's funnier for those of us who never have to worry about that happening.

Colton and Ashley said...

HA HA HA HA HA! Funny stuff. Glad he is being a champ though!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh Em!!! You crack me up I loved reading the potty bootcamp, we are going through it right now too, there are definately interesting moments. I love the picture of your kitchen redo, looks awesome. This is Melissa (Penney) Baker I found your blog off of my sisters. Hope all is well!! See you around the
4th of July?

Kendria said...

Keep up the good work Connor. You can do it! Don't they look cute with their little legs and big boy undies!

Katie {My Paisley Apron} said...

LOL, I love this post!!

Lisa O said...

Haha! What a cute little underwear bum. Hope the potty training is well under control by now. More pictures of that Connor boy please?